Limar Air Speed Helmet
Perhaps you noticed a new aero lid atop some of the riders on Team Astana and Direct Energie at this past year's Tour. That was the Air Speed Helmet from Limar and one we'll go on record saying is one of the better looking aerodynamic helmets going. Sure, we all know that aero equates to faster speeds with less effort, however, we certainly value ventilation, style, and a lightweight build as well, and we're happy to report that the Air Speed checks off all of those boxes. Limar developed the helmet in conjunction with Team Astana and during its own testing at a wind tunnel in Magny-Cours, France, it was the fastest helmet of the group at speeds of 40 km/h, and the drag numbers were very close to that of its TT specific helmet, the Air King. We feel this is pretty important as research shows that 20% of aero drag comes from the bicycle, think the frameset and wheels, while the other 80% is from the cyclist position and ancillary items such as shoes, clothing, and the helmet. Therefore,...